Have a great break!
We will be having 2 practices over break:
– Friday (4/5/13) at 6pm
– Sunday (4/7/13) at 2pm
These are not mandatory, but if you are in town, please come out and continue to work on your skills!
Also, we have an away game the Monday we come back (4/8/13) at Colonial Beach. This is a change.
We will be having our softball game against Locust Grove today at the Sports Complex at 4:30pm.
Just a reminder: girls will need to be picked up at the Sports Complex. Please see previous posts if you need directions.
Our games against King George at the Sport Complex have been postponed. We will still have practice.
Also, the bus will NOT bring players back to the school; they will need to be picked up at the Sports Complex on days for home games.
As far as I know, our games are still scheduled (I haven’t heard that they’re canceled).
Once I hear something definite, I’ll be sure to update this ASAP.
Also, since it’s supposed to be a double-header, the start time is 4pm, not 4:30.
Our homes games will be played at the Virginia Sports Complex. If you don’t know where it is, here are the simplest directions (from CMS):
– take Route 207 (Rogers Clark BLVD) west to Route 1
– turn right onto Route 1 North (Jefferson Davis HWY)
– the Sports Complex is on your left after 2.2 miles
When talking with the baseball coach, he mentioned that the bus does not usually bring players back to the middle school, so pick-ups may have to take place at the Sports Complex.
Again, I’ll let you know something as soon as I find out for sure.
The home game against King George will be a double-header. Since we will be playing two games, the first one will start at 4:00.
We will let you know once we hear something about the 2 canceled games from this week.
At this point, weather for tomorrow from The Weather Channel is calling for 70% chance of rain and a high of 48, mostly cloudy all day.
Please bring warm clothing for tomorrow — long johns or Under Armour, gloves (for when you’re not playing), etc.
If they decide to cancel the tournament, we will find out around 7:30am. Expect a phone call or text if that happens. If not, then we’ll see you in the morning!
Please remember that players need to be at CMS by 8:15am Saturday; we roll out of the parking lot at 8:30.
If you want, here is the Google list of directions from CMS to KGMS.
Here are directions to KGMS from CMS:
– take 207 East (Rogers Clark BLVD) for 4 miles
– stay on the Bowling Green Bypass
– take 301 North (AP Hill BLVD) for 17 miles
– turn LEFT onto Route 3 West (Kings Highway); go 4 miles
– turn RIGHT onto Route 206 (Dahlgren Road)
– King George Middle School will be immediately on the right
Parking is available on the side of the school facing Route 3; the fields are on the opposite side of the school.
Practice today is canceled due to inclement weather.
However, we will still have the parent meeting tonight at CMS at 6pm.
With the inclement weather that we received the past couple days (yay, snow!), our schedule has required some modification:
1. Our final day of tryouts will be Monday, March 11th. Girls will be notified at the end of the day (via a letter) whether or not they made the team.
2. For those girls that make the team, we will have a mandatory parents’ meeting at the middle school Tuesday evening (3-12) at 6pm.
3. We are currently looking at participating in a tournament in King George on Saturday, March 16. Please stay tuned for details.
Have a great weekend!
Coaches Swanton & Brightwell